Trabi Chat Forum

Change of engine - required or not?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Virginia3 Virginia A
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   ARE
Hi All,

Hope this post finds you well.

I am writing to seek some help smiling smiley Currently I live in UAE, Dubai and brought my Trabant here (model 601). The temperatures especially in summer may rise up to 50+ C. My questions are following:
- is it ok to drive the Trabant at such temperatures?
- can I add something to cool down the engine?
- if I need to change the engine so that it is not air cooling one - what engine I can put, what engine will be suitable for a Trabant?
- if I change the engine then what else I must change with it? transmission, susspension....?

I really want to restore my Trabant and drive it even in the current environment so will be very greatful for your suggestions.

Thanks.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Justin51982 Avatar
Justin51982 JUSTIN SHEPHERD
Hendersonville, TN, USA   USA
Hey Virginia, I saw you registered on TrabantForums too, we've had a few discussions about engine swaps and options and there are some out there.

I would login there and as that same question in this section.

There are 2 members in particular that will be really great at answering that, even better than myself.

http://www.trabantforums.com/forums/tech-help-questions.152/

Hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you on the boards

Virginia3 Virginia A
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates   ARE
Hi Justin,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will follow your advise and re-post the question.
However, should you have some suggestions on the topic I will be more than happy to hear them smiling smiley

Have a nice day.

Virginia

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1964 Trabant 600 Universal

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links