TrabiReg

Trabi Chat Forum

Wabant

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Wabant
pyrrhic Renato Piereck
Ansbach, Franken, Germany   DEU
Hello, new member here! I am Ren, a Brazilian-American currently in Germany thanks to the US Army. I am a car freak and have always been interested in all sorts of odd cars, including Trabants. The opportunity ahs presented itself for me to own a (modified) Trabant now. I am looking for some pointers, please read on.

Does anyone here have experience with Wabants? I am talking about Trabants with Wartburg engines. There is one listed for sale locally and I am going to see it Monday. I know the car has the Warty engine matched to a Trabi transmission, VW Polo front disc brakes, lowered susopension with stiffer springs and Koni shocks and camber kit, the paint is shiny and new, and the seller says there is no rust. Supposedly the car was restored a few years back. He wants 2000 Euro for the car as is.

And as far as the non modified parts, the Trabant body, interior, etc. What should I look for on buying a Trabant?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 Trabant 601 S

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links